Get to Know Me!

00:10
The lovely Sarah over at Things Sarah Loves has nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Thanks, Sarah! As you can tell by her blog name, Sarah writes about all the things she loves – from fashion and beauty to books and even teas (and who doesn't love tea?). Check out her blog when you've read this post!


Anyway, before I can accept this award I have to answer ten questions that Sarah has set for me. As my posts are generally nutrition and fitness information and 'how to's, I think this post will be a unique opportunity for you to get to know the person behind the blog!

Here are the ten questions Sarah is asking me:

1. Favourite pizza topping?
I don't really eat pizza, unless I make it myself – and then I pile it high with loads of different seasonal veggies and usually a bit of chicken for protein.

2. If you could be any animal in the world, which would you be and why?
This is hard! I wanted to write something unusual as my answer to this one, but I suppose I'd just like to be a monkey - they always seem to be happy and having fun.

3. When it comes to shoes: heels or flats?
No contest. I live in trainers.

4. What is one of your favourite childhood memories?
I don't think I can pinpoint just one. Looking back, I had a pretty good childhood. I've got loads of great memories of family holidays. My parents are divorced so having two families meant I got at least two holidays a year and a lot of fun times.

5. Your biggest make up disaster has been...?
I can't think of a make-up disaster but I did cut my own hair once – and no, this was not when I was a child. I ended up having to go to the hairdressers anyway because it was so wonky and ridiculous. Very embarrassing.

6. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Having a platform to write about my passions and share them with a wider audience. Also getting to connect with other bloggers, meet people from all over the world with the same interests and share tips and information with each other. Blogging is the best!

7. Name one city in the world you would love to visit and why?
These questions are really making me think! I've done a lot of travelling and visited most of the cities I really wanted to – New York, Venice, Paris, Memphis, Dublin and San Francisco, to name a few. Some others I'd like to cross off my list include Rome, Berlin and Sydney.

8. Are you a bookworm? Do you have any favourite authors?
I LOVE reading. I mostly read non-fiction – obviously I read a lot about nutrition to keep up to date with the latest research and studies, and as my own research for blog posts and articles. You might be surprised to know that I'm also interested in the First and Second World Wars, so I read a lot about those (I've even visited the D-Day beaches in Normandy). When it comes to fiction, I like Sophie Kinsella's books. Sometimes a fun bit of chick-lit is all it takes to cheer you up!

9. What advice would you give to someone who is thinking about starting a blog?
Blog for the love of blogging – not with the sole intention of making money or getting companies to send you 'freebies', because you'll come across as insincere (and you're bound to be disappointed and give up). Write about something you're passionate about, whether that's fitness, beauty or train spotting. Your enthusiasm will shine through in your posts and make them exciting to read for people who share your interests. And don't expect a large readership immediately – these things take time and commitment.

10. What are your plans this summer? What will you be getting up to?
Summer is my favourite time of year! I love the sun so I'll be spending a lot of time outside. I've already been away this year but I still have a few mini-trips planned with The Hubster. Apart from that, I will continue working, blogging and spreading the message to eat well, exercise regularly and love yourself!

Now here are my ten questions! I'm asking these to Ami, Jordan, Lauren, Susan, Emma and Bex. If I haven't tagged you but you still feel like answering them, go ahead!

1. How do you keep fit and active during the summer when it's really hot?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
3. When was the last time you cried?
4. Have you ever been on a crazy diet?
5. Where do you see yourself in ten years' time?
6. How do you like to relax?
7. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
8. Do you spend a lot of time on social media? What's your favourite site?
9. Tell us about something funny that happened when you were a teenager.
10. How would you feel if you were forced to live with a penguin?

Please share this post via social media using the links below and follow me on BlogLovin', Twitter and Google+!

No comments:

Copyright Nic's Healthy Life 2015-17. Powered by Blogger.