Product Review: Blend Bros High Protein Sauces

21:15

Blend Bros savoury blend sauces are an innovative new product - they're actually the first high-protein sauces on the market. They're made with a blend of herbs and spices, and contain 20 grams of pea protein per 55g serving. Needless to say, I was excited to try them for myself.

The sauces come in five different flavours. I was sent the Spanish tomato & chorizo, Mexican pibil stew and Thai jungle curry. There are also Indian kerala curry and Sicilian lemon & oregano flavours in the range. They're all suitable for vegetarians and vegans, low salt, reduced sugar and dairy free.

They come in powder form and are really easy to make: just add 55g of powder to 150ml boiling water and mix well. Then stir it into the food you're cooking or just pour it over a complete meal for a burst of flavour.

I found these sauces really flavourful. I ate them on wholegrain pasta, to make sure I tasted them properly and that the flavour wasn't impaired by any other food. I enjoyed both the Thai jungle curry and Mexican pibil stew flavours, but wasn't all that taken by the Spanish tomato and chorizo, which I thought would be my favourite.

I think Blend Bros sauces are a great way to get more protein into your diet without even trying - just pour them over your dinner et voila! I'd definitely buy them if I came across them in the shops, and I quite fancy trying the Sicilian lemon and oregano flavour too.

Thanks to Charlie at Blend Bros for sending me a selection of protein sauces to review. If you have a health/fitness/nutrition related product you'd like me to review, you can either email me at nicspirational@gmail.com or contact me via Twitter. I will aim to post my review within a week of receiving your product and will always give my honest opinion.

Read some of my other reviews:
Crackin' Eggs, Upbeat Drinks, TreeVitalise, Life Tonics, Nutrifiz, Multipower, Build Your Running Body, Selwyn's Seaweed, Jump Attack, DermaGlo, Cho! Gazpacho and USN.

Please share this post via social media using the links below and follow me on BlogLovin', Twitter and Google+!

No comments:

Copyright Nic's Healthy Life 2015-17. Powered by Blogger.