What's in My Fridge?


I stole the idea for this post from Lauren of Keep Calm, It's Only a Blog (don't worry, she said I could) who in turn got the idea from Closer magazine's Fridge Raider feature. In the magazine, celebrities are asked questions about their eating habits and Lauren thought it would be fun to answer the questions herself. I thought it was such a good idea that I've decided to do it too. So here are my answers:

1. Where do you shop?
Tesco and Aldi are the closest supermarkets to me, so those two for most of the essentials, but we buy our meat from the butcher and most of our fruit and veg in the market. I also love Holland and Barrett for specific items the supermarkets don't stock.

2. What is your typical daily diet?
Check out my What I Eat in a Day post – it's pretty similar to that every day. Coffee and eggs for breakfast, a smoothie and/or morning snack, a protein shake if I'm exercising, something like quinoa and veg for lunch or a sandwich if I'm out for work, a mid-afternoon snack and then dinner is always some lean protein, complex carbs and veg. Plus unlimited water and a few cups of green tea throughout the day.

3. Is there anything you refuse to eat?
There's not much I don't like and I'll try anything once! I don't eat pork though and stay away from fizzy drinks. Not only are they really bad for you, but they make me feel bloated and lethargic. Who needs that?

4. What's the strangest thing you eat or have eaten?
I can't think of anything really strange. I did eat octopus when I was in Italy once and I thought that was pretty strange at the time (it still had its little suckers on), but now I don't think it's that unusual.

5. What would you cook to impress your partner?
I think my husband is impressed by everything I cook, considering when we first met I could only make really basic stuff and he was working as a chef! Now I love cooking and can make pretty much anything (within reason, I'm not quite Nigella yet). I think he's most impressed when I make exotic dishes.

6. What is your guiltiest food pleasure?
I don't believe in feeling guilty about food. If you really want something, have it, then get over it and carry on eating healthily. I presume this question really means what food do I like that's not so good for me, and my answer to that would be chocolate. Hey, I'm only human!

7. What is your hangover cure?
Not drinking.

8. What is your takeaway order?
I rarely, if ever, eat fast food. If I'm being completely honest I do eat the occasional chicken burger (but just the burger, not the meal) when I'm rushed or haven't been food shopping, but this happens probably once every two or three months!

9. What are the top 5 items in your fridge that you couldn't live without?
i) Fruit – I love fruit and for some reason my husband will only eat it really cold, so we keep it all in the fridge which I find a bit weird!
ii) Vegetables – We currently have an assortment of peppers, some carrots, broccoli (my all-time fave), courgettes and salad veg in the fridge. We also have sweet potatoes, onions and garlic in a cupboard and peas and sweetcorn in the freezer.
iii) Chicken breasts – I always like to have some chicken on hand to make meals with as it's a good source of protein. As far as meat goes, I really only eat chicken and fish (and occasionally a bit of beef – I must admit I like a steak from time to time).
iv) Eggs – I eat eggs for breakfast almost every single day so we always have loads in the fridge.
v) Mayo – Yes, really. The real kind too, none of this reduced fat nonsense that tastes like cardboard. There's no food that can't be improved by the addition of mayonnaise!

I challenge everyone who reads this to answer these questions too!

If you liked this post, you might also enjoy:
10 Unusual Things You Didn't Know About Me

Please share this post via social media using the links below and follow me on BlogLovin', Twitter and Google+!

2 comments:

  1. Ah I ate octopus in Italy too and even like it! If you want, we can to follow each other on bloglovin! Just follow me here and I'll follow you back! ♥ https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna! Thanks for your comment. I've followed you on BlogLovin' now :)

      Delete

Copyright Nic's Healthy Life 2015-17. Powered by Blogger.