Intensely Chocolately, No-Bake Vegan Protein Brownies

Indigo Herbs is a company which is passionate about natural health. Their website contains such a plethora of organic, natural products that even just scrolling through the items available makes you feel instantly healthier.

I was so excited to receive their Organic Sports and Performance Products Bundle as shown below.


The bundle includes:
Front row L-R: Organic Raw Hemp Seed Butter, Organic Raw Almond Butter

I'd just like to point out here that I love the new packaging. The old packaging wasn't bad but this has such a fresh, clean, earthy and more inspiring look for the new year.

Anyway, Indigo Herbs challenged me to create a healthy recipe for Veganuary using some of the ingredients from their Sports and Performance Bundle. I came up with these raw vegan protein brownies which are really chocolatey and so easy to make – they require absolutely no cooking and very little effort, leaving you more time to enjoy eating them...guilt free!


This recipe makes 12 brownies.

You will need:
60g Indigo Nutrition cacao powder
30g Indigo Nutrition pea protein powder
3 tablespoons Indigo Nutrition almond butter
90g walnuts (plus about 30g extra, roughly chopped, for topping)
400g medjool dates, pitted
¼ teaspoon sea salt

Method:
1. Blend the walnuts in a food processor until finely ground.
2. Add the cacao powder, almond butter, pea protein powder and sea salt. Blend again to combine the ingredients, then remove and place in a bowl to the side.
3. Blend the dates in the food processor until they've been chopped into small pieces (or in my case, they form one great big monster date ball). Then remove and place in another bowl to the side.
4. Pour the cacao/nut/protein mixture back into the food processor and start to drop small chunks of the dates down the spout while blending. You want to achieve a 'doughy' texture.
5. Spoon the mixture onto a square tray, bowl or baking tin lined with greaseproof paper and sprinkle with some chopped walnuts.
6. Press down firmly with your hands so the brownie mixture is packed in tightly.
7. Place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes before cutting into squares. Keep the brownies refrigerated until you're ready to eat them.


And there you have some delicious protein brownies, perfect for post-workout or just sharing with your friends – and no-one will guess they're actually healthy or raw vegan unless you tell them!

If you make these (or any other recipes from the blog) I'd love to see them. Send me a pic on Twitter with the hashtag #NicsKitchen and I'll RT them all!

Thanks to Elsie for sending me some products from Indigo Herbs. If you have a health/fitness/nutrition related product you'd like me to review, you can either email me at nicspirational@gmail.com or contact me via Twitter. I will aim to post my review within a week of receiving your product and will always give my honest opinion.