My Blogging and Life Goals for 2016


I'm not one for new year's resolutions, but every year around this time I like to think about what I'd like to accomplish in the next twelve months. 

I had an amazing 2015 and one of my favourite things was the fact that I started this blog. Here's what I plan to achieve in 2016:

Blog Goals...

1. Post more, and more consistently. Over the last couple of months my posts have dwindled to once a week and I don't feel like this is enough. I want to get back to posting every two days, like I was in the summer.

2. Reach 500 followers on BlogLovin'. I'm sure this is possible. Why not give me a head start and follow Nic's Healthy Life now if you're not already - I follow everyone back!

3. Attend a blogging event? Possibly. I'm not sure when or where, but maybe 2016 will be the year I meet some fellow bloggers in person.

4. Do more collabs. I want to write more guest posts for other sites and host more guest bloggers on here. If you're interested, leave a comment or send me a tweet!

5. Reach a larger audience. Well, who doesn't want more people reading their blog? But it's not just about the numbers. I love it when someone tells me my blog has helped or inspired them to get fit or to eat better. I want to help as many people as possible.

Life Goals...

1. Become a morning person. This may never happen - I just wasn't designed for mornings - but I got a lot better this year at getting up early. I love how much more you can get done when you get up that little bit earlier! I plan to keep up the momentum in 2016 and not slip back into my old ways.

2. Take a chill pill. I'm a natural worrier and tend to over-analyse everything. I really want to work on my anxiety and just let life happen, accepting that I don't always have to be in control.

3. Take part in Veganuary. I plan to go vegan for the month of January. It might be hard, but I like a challenge. I've already started experimenting with vegan recipes and checking food labels so I'll know what I'm doing come Jan. I'll write a weekly post to keep you updated with my progress (and if you're also doing Veganuary, let me know so we can support each other!)

4. Read more books. I love reading, but with a full-time job, a workout routine, a home, a social life, a blog and a Twitter addiction, simple pleasures like curling up with a good book often get pushed to the side. In 2016 I pledge to read at least one book per month. That's just twelve books in a whole year...more than possible.

5. Travel. This is one of my favourite things to do. I adore visiting new countries and immersing myself in the culture, food and language. I want to get a few more places ticked off my list in in the next year.

What are your blogging and life goals for 2016? Let me know in the comments!

If you liked this post, you might also enjoy:
Five of My Favourite Health and Fitness Youtubers