January Favourites: Six Best Health & Fitness Blog Posts

09:45

January is always a busy month for health bloggers. The first month of a new year is when everyone decides to get fit and healthy so we've really got our work cut out trying to come up with post ideas to help people achieve their goals, as well as new products to review and events to attend (not that I'm complaining).

Anyway, I've come across some great blogs this month that I really wanted to share with you. So in no particular order, here are my top six health-related posts of January 2016 and why I liked them. Click on the name of the post to be taken to that post, or the name of the blog to check out the entire site.

1. 10 Habits of Healthy People
by Cantara of Gymbags and Gladrags
I kinda wish I'd written this post because I agree with every single point Cantara made. If you want to be healthy, you need to start doing these things.

2. 7 Common Nutrition Myths
by Anne of Fannetastic Food
You can probably tell I love a good list post, and I like dispelling myths (see my post 5 of the Biggest Fitness Myths Debunked) so I enjoyed this post exposing some of the most common misconceptions people have about certain foods.

3. The Worries You Have at a Health Spa
by Not Your Nine to Five
This woman is one of my favourite bloggers but as she blogs anonymously I don't even know her name! All I know is that she's the same age as me and writes the most amusing posts (and we bond over a shared love for Elvis Presley, but I digress) and this one is no exception - the steam room handshaking part is hilarious.

4. How to Survive Long Runs on the Treadmill
by Amanda of Run to the Finish
I love running, but a lot of people don't like the treadmill because they find it boring. So Amanda has come up with some ingenious tips and tricks to help you enjoy it a little bit more.

5. Forget Fat Shaming: What About Healthy Shaming?
by Jenna of A Balanced Belly
This article was originally written for Jen's own blog (I remember when she first posted it) and has now been published on the Huffington Post website - go Jen! It's basically about the annoying comments people make to someone who eats healthily. I can definitely relate to this!

6. 10 Lifestyle Changes to Improve Your Health in 2016
by Petra of Be Healthy Now
Another list post (I can't get enough of 'em) and the title of this one says it all really - it's about little things you can do to improve your overall health this year. Some are obvious while others may not have entered your head before (soak your nuts springs to mind) so it's well worth a read. 

Happy reading - I hope you enjoy the posts I chose!

By the way, if you're a health blogger or sometimes post about health (or even if you're just interested in it), follow my Twitter RT account @HealthBlogRT to promote your posts and find others to read - you never know, your blog might end up being featured in one of my Monthly Favourites posts!

Tell me: what have been some of your favourite posts recently? Or just leave your blog link in the comments so I can check you out!

If you liked this post, you might also enjoy:
September 2015 Favourites

Follow Me!

4 comments:

  1. I'm a bit late in commenting but thank you so much for including me in your favourites!! At least some good came out of shaking hands with a stranger in a steam room! ;)
    Keep Blogging!! x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, thanks sharing these, I don't know many fitness bloggers!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright Nic's Healthy Life 2015-17. Powered by Blogger.