Ten Things I Suck At

19:07

No-one's perfect, right?

While it can be great to shout about our strengths and achievements from time to time, sometimes you need to get real and admit when you're just not that good at something. So here are ten things I've always been terrible at.

(By the way, I got this idea from Little Miss Fii's post 10 Things I've Always Been Crap At, so why not go and check out her blog after you've read this?)

1. Yoga. Sadly I'll never be a yogi. Yoga requires both patience and flexibility. I have neither.

2. Ringing people back. I'm always missing calls and then forgetting to ring/text back. Drives my friends and family insane.
 
3. Making decisions. I'm really indecisive. I weigh up the pros and cons of both sides and still can't decide what to do. Then I ask someone else to make the decision for me (and ultimately ignore them and do the opposite).
 
4. Relaxing. I don't like sitting down doing nothing. I don't watch much TV and always feel like I should be doing something. And I often have trouble falling asleep because my brain just won't shut up. Which brings me on to my next point...
 
5. Getting up in the morning. I am by no means a morning person and if I don't get at least eight hours' sleep or have to get up any earlier than my usual time I'm a delightful person to be around that day. Not.
 
6. Singing. I will only sing in the privacy of my own home. Seriously, no-one needs to hear that.
 
7. Lying. I am the worst liar in the world. I hate lying and try to avoid it at all costs – it makes me feel so guilty and I'm always terrified I'll get found out.
 
8. Waiting. I'm so impatient and I hate waiting for anything. Especially food. If I'm hungry I want to eat, like, now! Otherwise I will get HANGRY.
 
9. Getting stuff done. I'm a massive procrastinator – if I'm supposed to be writing, for example, I'll go and work out. If it's actually time to go to the gym, I'll notice that the floor needs hoovering. Whatever I'm supposed to be doing, I'll find something else to do. And I often stop one activity halfway through and do another one, before returning to the first.
 
10. Arguing. I don't like confrontation and am not very good at arguing anyway – I find it hard to get my point across in a coherent manner and without getting upset! That's why I love writing – it's a lot easier to explain things when you've got time to think about what you want to say and then edit it if it comes out wrong.
 
So there are my weaknesses! What things are you really bad at?
 
If you liked this post, you might also enjoy:
What's in My Fridge?

14 comments:

  1. I'm the worst at yoga. I have started and stopped SO many classes it's quite a feat really. Give me a sport anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Elyse! I love sports - yoga is far too slow for me!

      Delete
  2. Ohhh i suck at ringing people back too. or just ringing people full stop. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaajorly dislike phones! I'm so glad you found inspiration from my post~ these gave me a right old chuckle :)

    Fii x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, Fii! And thanks for the inspiration, I had fun writing this one :)

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on most of these to be honest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! I'm terrible at texting people back, I read the text messages and think to myself that I'll reply in a bit and I forget!

    www.itsmeganelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! Haha I do that too - read it and think I'll text back when I've got a bit more time, then realise the next day I never did reply! Oops :)

      Delete
  5. Hahaha, I could have wrote this. I'm terrible at all of these things too! I wish I could sing and do yoga. I do yoga, but badly. I can't even touch my toes. Help.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're very similar, by the sounds of it! I hate waiting, especially for food. I get really fidgety and irritable. I am awful at replying to texts. Arguing, I prefer to put my words on paper than get into a verbal argument because I can never think properly or say what I mean. And singing. My aunt used to tell me I sounded like a cat being strangled...I do it, but only at home if no one but me and/or my OH/cat are around! Haha. Great post hun. x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get quite fidgety in restaurants if the food takes ages to arrive - I keep looking round to see if there's any sign of it coming, and it always seems to be my plate that gets brought over last! Haha. Thanks for your comment, Aimee x

      Delete
  7. Love this post! I am also terrible at most of these but particularly arguing, lying and getting up in the morning! Hey but 2 out of those 3 are not a bad thing right? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must mean we're good people :) Hehe thanks for stopping by, Karen!

      Delete

Copyright Nic's Healthy Life 2015-17. Powered by Blogger.