Product Review: PandaVita Organic Baobab Powder


Baobab is set to be big news in 2017, and for good reason. With six times the vitamin C of an orange, twice the calcium of milk, five times the potassium of a banana and more antioxidants than blueberries and goji berries combined, it's truly a superfood worthy of its status.

PandaVita is a new company which sells 100% organic baobab powder and, after hearing about all the health benefits, I was eager to try their product.

It's recommended to add two teaspoons of powder to a glass of water, juice or a smoothie. You can also add it to a bowl of porridge or yoghurt. I've been putting it in my smoothies every morning - it has a citrusy and slightly tangy taste so it's a perfect addition to a fruit smoothie.

I love how easy it is to use and how much energy it seems to give me. I've started looking for more ways to incorporate it into my diet and am excited to try it out in some of the recipes I found on PandaVita's website, especially this one for baobab & chocolate nice cream:


Ingredients

  • 2 tbsp baobab powder
  • 4 overripe bananas
  • 2 tbsp cocoa
  • ⅓ cup almond milk
  • 2 tbsp honey

Directions

  1. Slice 4 bananas, put them in a bag and add them to the freezer for at least 4 hours.
  2. Blend the bananas in a food processor until it turns into a crumbly mixture.
  3. Add the almond milk, baobab and cocoa powder.
  4. Then blend it again until it becomes smooth and creamy (about 2 mins). Add honey, scrape down the sides of the food processor and blend it one more time.
  5. At this point, you should have the most delicious, creamiest and healthiest ice cream ever.
  6. Top it with some dried banana and coconut chips for a bit of crunchy texture.
  7. Enjoy!
Thanks to Kieran at PandaVita for sending me a packet of organic baobab powder to review. If you have a health, fitness or nutrition related product you'd like me to review, please email me at nicspirational@gmail.com. I will aim to post my review within a week of receiving your product and will always give my honest opinion.

Liked this? Click here to read my other reviews.

Follow Me!