February Favourites: Healthy Products & Blogs I Loved this Month

07:00
Can you believe it's March already? I certainly can't. If January seemed to go slowly, February flew by. Anyway, I want to tell you about some healthy products and blog posts I've been loving throughout Feb, so here goes...  


Five Healthy Products I Loved this Month:

1. Lift instant matcha green tea
I love matcha, and this is so handy. I like how the matcha powder is pre-portioned in single sachets so all you have to do is empty a sachet into your cup, add hot water and you're good to go! I've also been using it to make my matcha lattes. I found it in Aldi and it costs £4.99 for a box of 15 sachets.

2. Sweet Freedom liquid chocolate
This stuff is amazing. It's made from natural fruit extracts, is vegan friendly, free from dairy, gluten, nuts and GMOs and doesn't include any additives or preservatives. You can use it to make a healthy hot chocolate or just squeeze it onto your porridge, pancakes or yoghurt. I bought this in Aldi as well and I think it cost about £2.89 for a 320g bottle. 

3. Perspi-Rock natural deodorant
With all the bad press about the aluminium in commercial anti-perspirant sprays being linked to cancer, I've been looking for a decent natural deodorant for ages - but let's be honest, a lot of them are useless. I stumbled across Persi-Rock online and I love it because it's completely natural, doesn't contain aluminium and it actually works. I bought this 60g stick from the Perspi-Guard website for £4.50, which isn't bad when you think that a can of deodorant costs about £2 and runs out a lot faster.

4. Engevita nutritional yeast flakes
Lately I've been eating a more plant-based diet and trying out some vegan products, and nutritional yeast kept popping up in a lot of recipes I wanted to try. It tastes a bit cheesy so can be used in place of cheese in most recipes, or you can just sprinkle it over soups, pasta or salads. It's high in protein and fibre and a good source of B vitamins, folic acid and zinc. I got this 125g tube in Holland & Barrett for £3.29.

5. Biona Organic apple cider vinegar
Cider vinegar has many health benefits and my husband swears by the stuff. He adds about a teaspoonful of vinegar to a glass of water every other day. I won't lie, it tastes horrendous but apparently makes him feel great. This 500ml bottle costs £4.99 from Whole Foods.


Five Blog Posts I Enjoyed this Month:

1. How to Make Healthy Chocolate Mousse Using Quark by Karen of BTBS
I would never have thought of this recipe myself but when I saw it on Karen's blog I just had to try it. It requires just two ingredients, is simple to make and so delicious!

2. So Your Smear is Abnormal... by Aimee of Aimee Raindrop Writes
An important post by Aimee about why it's so important for us ladies to attend our cervical screening tests and what to do if you get an abnormal result.

3. 10 Reasons I'm a Terrible Health Blogger by Jenna of A Balanced Belly
Jen has written a really funny post about why she thinks she fails as a health blogger - "I know I could make my own energy balls but by the time I've spent fifty quid on medjool dates, cacao, chia seeds and co, I can no longer be bothered."

4. Five Cheap Meals to Make at Home by Petra of Be Healthy Now
If you're trying to eat healthily on a budget, Petra has rounded up five great recipes to get you started. I particularly want to try the spinach, sweet potato and bean soup.

5. 10 Best Healthy Pancake Recipes by Timea of Train Strong to Live Strong
Who doesn't love pancakes? We've probably all eaten far too many already this week, but if you're not sick of the sight of them yet, you can get all your healthy pancake recipes in one post thanks to Timea!

What have you been loving this month?

*In case you were wondering, this is NOT a sponsored post!*


Follow Me!

4 comments:

  1. Aww, thank you so much for sharing my blog post!! That means a lot to me - I've had some really great feedback for that post, and people saying I've helped them feel less anxious about a smear/colposcopy; which feels GREAT! I just wanted to humanise the process and hopefully make more women attend their smear - as I know first hand now how important it is. Again, thanks so much for sharing :) x Aimee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Aimee! I think a lot of women are a bit anxious about smear tests (especially if they've never had one before) so posts like yours are really important to get the conversation started and put people at ease :)

      Delete
  2. This month I have been loving Just Bee drinks and Georganics mouth care :) Such a huuuge fan of Sweet Freedom! x
    Lola Mia // www.lolitabonita.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lola! Sweet Freedom is great, isn't it? Never heard of Georganics, I'll have to check them out :)

      Delete

Copyright Nic's Healthy Life 2015-17. Powered by Blogger.