Chocolate Chia Pudding Recipe


I think this may be the first ever chia recipe I've shared on Nic's Healthy Life. What kind of health blogger am I, eh?

Anyway, I've been a fan of chia seeds for a good few years now and love a good chia pudding recipe. This one is vegan, gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free and takes about a minute to make (although unfortunately you'll have to exercise patience while waiting for it to set). 

This recipe makes enough chocolate chia pudding for one to two people.

You will need:
1 cup milk of your choice (I like coconut)
3-4 tablespoons chia seeds
2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
Sweetener such as stevia or vanilla extract (optional)

Method:
1. Put the chia seeds and cacao into a mason jar (or any other vessel of your choosing - a fancy serving bowl or a plain old mug will both work just as well).
2. Add the milk and sweetener (if using) and stir really well. It might take a bit of effort to get the cacao powder to mix in properly. My trick is to use a protein shaker for this part. 
3. Let stand in the fridge for at least half an hour, but preferably overnight.
4. Tuck in and enjoy!

What's your favourite chia recipe? Let me know in the comments!

Liked this? Check out my other vegan recipes!






Follow Me!