Guest Post: Berry, Banana & Oat Smoothie Recipe


I love a healthy recipe. Especially when it's as simple as this one.

Today I'm so excited to be doing a blog swap with the lovely Jess from Jess Eats and Travels. As you can probably tell, Jess writes about food and travelling so if you're into either of those things, I suggest you follow her blog immediately!

Jess is on a mission to cook a dish from every country in the world and recently did a series on Algerian cuisine. She expressed sadness that she'll probably never get to visit Algeria so, as I have been there, I wrote her a post about what it's like to travel to Algeria as a Brit. You can read my post here.

For my blog, Jess has come up with a healthy and delicious smoothie recipe. I'm sure by now you're all just dying for me to shut up and let her get on with it, so here you go!

----------

Spring is around the corner and this means that out comes the abandoned smoothie maker! That’s not to say that I don’t like smoothies in the wintertime, however I think a smoothie is much more welcomed in the spring/summer seasons! There’s nothing better than sitting outside in the morning sun, sipping on a nutrient-filled smoothie.

The one thing I just love about smoothies is the ease of making them; the ease of getting lots of nutrients all in one sip. Sometimes I can be a bit lazy when it comes to eating healthily and getting my five-a-day; I’m sure Nicola could teach me a thing or two! It’s like I do it in seasonal phases, although that’s not to say that I’m someone who gets led on by a fad. I’m definitely committed to healthy eating but sometimes I just don’t feel like it, and that’s ok, right? However, I’m sure you’ll agree with me that now is the time to go grab your smoothie maker (I used my NutriBullet) from the back of the cupboard, dust it off and re-introduce it into your kitchen as one of your 'can't live without' items, like you would for your oven, say!  

Thinking in this mind-set will hopefully help you to believe that you do need it and you can’t live without it. Why not start off your re-acquaintance by making my delicious and super easy berry, banana & oat smoothie?

The addition of oats is guaranteed to help keep you fuller for longer, as well as containing that much-needed fibre. I decided to sweeten using honey and thicken using natural yoghurt and cashew milk but you could use vegan alternatives such as agave syrup and coconut yoghurt.

For more healthy(ish) recipes, pop on over to my blog, Jess Eats and Travels - I’d love to have you! You’ll also find Nicola’s wonderful post, An English Girl in Algeria.


Berry, Banana & Oat Smoothie

(Serves 1)

Ingredients:

 


100g frozen berries
1 small banana

15g oats
100g natural yoghurt
100ml unsweetened cashew milk
Drizzle of honey

Method:

1. Chop the banana and add all the ingredients into your blender.
2. Blend until smooth! It’s that easy! 
3. Serve in a mason jar if you want to be fancy and hipster. If not, a normal glass will do! Enjoy.

----------

Thanks so much to Jess for this recipe - I'm really craving a smoothie now! Don't forget to check out Jess's blog where you'll find plenty more recipes as well as travel posts. You can also follow her on Twitter.


Let's connect!
BlogLovin' | Twitter | Instagram