Why I Won't Be Blogging for a Few Months


This post is something I've been thinking about for a while. Since the beginning of the year I've been wondering where this blog is going, whether I've outgrown it (I've had it for more than four years now) and whether I want to continue posting on here at all. Recently my posts have become few and far between and I'm getting a little bored of feeling guilty for not writing new content all the time.

I've come to the conclusion that I don't want to shut the site down completely; however I will be taking a break from working on it over the summer. My old posts still get a lot of traffic (mainly thanks to Pinterest) so I want to keep them available for people to read. I probably won't be adding any new posts for a while, though. Summer is my favourite time of year and I plan to enjoy it (June is already pretty full in my diary and it looks like July is heading the same way) without feeling like I should be at my laptop writing posts. Hopefully this will allow me to return to blogging in the autumn feeling refreshed and with renewed motivation.

Please note that this break doesn't affect social media - I'm going to keep all my socials and post on them as often as I do now. I want to stay in contact with the people I've met through blogging; it's a great community. I'm also not saying that I definitely won't be posting on the blog at all - if I think of a good post idea I'll write it, but I'm not going to let myself feel like I should be trying to think up new ideas all the time. 

Around September I'll reevaluate my feelings towards blogging and whether I want to come back to it. My domain name runs out in January so I have until the end of the year to decide whether to renew it or not. 

This isn't necessarily the end, but it's been four years and I just need a break. If you want to stay in touch you can follow me on Twitter and Instagram.