Product Review: Nutrifiz Wheatgrass Tablets


Wheatgrass is so good for you. It's full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, beneficial enzymes and phytonutrients. It contains chlorophyll which helps to detoxify the liver and blood by neutralising toxins and environmental pollutants.

However, wheatgrass juice is definitely an acquired taste (it actually tastes like grass!) and is often served with a wedge of orange to eat afterwards to make it more palatable.

Nutrifiz sent me two packets of their effervescent wheatgrass tablets to sample and review – one for adults and one for children. These tablets offer you the health benefits of taking wheatgrass without the grassy taste. The adult tablets are lemon flavour while the kids' version is orange. They contain organic wheatgrass extract as well as 20 vitamins and minerals.


To use these tablets, simply dissolve one in 200ml of water to make a refreshing drink. They're not bitter, grainy or chalky like some of these drinks can be. I tried both and I have to say I preferred the lemony taste of the adults' version - it was really refreshing. My husband loved it so much that he downed his drink in one go! The children's one tastes a bit like orange squash so kids will just think they're drinking an orange drink rather than something that's good for them (although they might be confused as to why it's green but tastes of orange).

Nutrifiz wheatgrass tablets are suitable for vegetarians but not for pregnant or breastfeeding women due to their high vitamin A content.

Oh, and Nutrifiz told me to let you know you can get 25% off your first order by entering the code NW25 at the checkout!

Have you ever tried wheatgrass?

Thanks to David at Nutrifiz for sending me a selection of their effervescent wheatgrass tablets to review. If you have a health/fitness/nutrition related product you'd like me to review, you can either email me at nicspirational@gmail.com or contact me via Twitter. I will aim to post my review within a week of receiving your product and will always give my honest opinion.

Read my other reviews: