Ten Unusual Things About Me


Who is this 'Nic' behind Nic's Healthy Life

If you wanted to know a little more about me, you could always read my About Me page, although you probably won't find anything juicy there - it really just tells you about my interests, where I'm from and why I started this blog. Alternatively, you could read this post and find out a few of my quirks and things that make me unique. I think that's a lot more interesting.

As most of my blog posts are health, fitness or blogging related, I wanted to do something a little different for a change and write a more personal and fun post. So here are ten things you probably didn't know about me - some more unusual than others...

1. I've always been active but I really started getting into fitness and nutrition around the age of 16. I'm 35 now, so that's more than half my life.

2. As a child, my favourite foods were salad and mushrooms (not at the same time). I also loved the coffee flavour Quality Street. Weird kid.

3. I have an irrational fear of cotton wool. I can't stand the feel of it and refuse to touch it.

4. I'm a minimalist and a bit of a clean freak. 

5. I look young for my age. Most people guess that I'm in my mid twenties rather than mid thirties. I was always told that I'd be happy about it when I was older, but I still find it annoying when people think I'm a student or something.

6. I love old music. My favourite era is the fifties. 

7. As a baby/toddler I was scared of grass. According to my mum, whenever we were outside and she put me down on grass I'd scream until she picked me back up. I was fine when sitting on concrete or tarmac. Or even a blanket on the grass. Just not the actual grass.

8. My favourite film of all time is Back to the Future and I have the same birthday as Michael J Fox (not the same year, obv).

9. I love coconut oil so much that I could eat spoonfuls of it straight from the jar. But I don't, because that would be weird and gross and no-one would like me.

10. I'm an introvert, quite shy in real life and worry that people find me boring.


What's the most unusual thing about you? Let me know in the comments or do this tag yourself and send me your link so I can read it.


Subscribe to my monthly newsletter



Let's connect!
BlogLovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest