Five Female Fitness Influencers I'm Loving In Lockdown

Young woman doing yoga at home during lockdown

Since we can't currently go to the gym, or even outside for more than one walk or run per day, I've started doing a lot more home workouts while in lockdown.

The only problem is that while I like to switch my workout routine up every so often, I've started to find myself running out of ideas. So naturally, I turned to YouTube and to some of my favourite fitness influencers to help me.

I like to pull up a YouTube video on my phone and then play it on the large TV in my living room so I can follow along with the routines better. I love cardio and my favourite way to exercise at home is to do a good old HIIT (high intensity interval training) workout. It gives me an effective full-body workout, gets my heart pumping fast and makes me feel amazing (and exhausted) afterwards. 

Here are my five favourite female fitness (what's going on with all the Fs here?) influencers and why I love them. Whether you have a big garden or a small apartment to exercise in, one of these girls is sure to have the perfect workout for you. 

1. Cambria Joy
I've been following Cambria on and off for about six years now. I recently got back into watching her videos and still find her just as inspirational as ever (plus, she reposted one of my insta stories, which was very exciting). Cambria makes videos about all aspects of healthy living and I love her sunny personality and colourful videos, but don't be fooled: her workouts are not easy. 
Recommended video: 30 Min Full Body Home HIIT Workout 

2. Blogilates
Cassey Ho is the brains behind the YouTube channel Blogilates, which has been going for over 10 years now. You can search her many videos by fitness level or body part (whether you want to train abs, arms etc) and she often incorporates pilates moves into her workout routines. I like doing the high intensity trainings, which always leave me sore the next day.
Recommended video: 12 Minutes to Toned Total Body Workout

3. Chloe Ting
Chloe is big news in the fitness world right now. I've been hearing a lot about her recently and a few people had recommended her videos to me, so I had to check her out. She does a range of workouts, most of which are high intensity, and almost all of them are body weight exercises so don't require any equipment.  
Recommended Video: Full Body Couch Workout | At Home No Equipment Routine

4. Yoga with Adriene
I have to admit that yoga isn't my favourite form of exercise (mainly because I'm not very good at it), but I enjoy doing it from time to time when I need to relax and de-stress. The best yoga instructor I've found on YouTube is definitely Adriene Mishler - she has yoga routines for everyone from beginners to experts. I find her really easy to follow and her workouts really effective.
Recommended video: Yoga for Beginners | The Basics

5. Natacha Oceane
Natacha is another youtuber I've only discovered recently. She came up in my feed when I searched HIIT workouts so I watched some of her videos and loved her straight away. Her channel is full of exercise routines, training tips, vlogs (think What I Eat in a Day) and much more. I wish I'd found her sooner because I have a LOT of videos to get through now. 
Recommended video: How I'm Staying Healthy At Home

I hope this post has helped you find some amazing new female fitness influencers to follow, and I hope you enjoy doing their workouts. Give them a go and let me know how you get on! 


Who are your favourite fitness influencers and youtubers? I know there are many more inspirational women out there so let me know in the comments. 


Let's get social!



Increase Energy Naturally